Tuesday, June 1, 2010

JALDAPARA TOUR (EPISODE - 03)

Sain: - Hello! Debrup, where are you people, boss? It’s 5.55 AM now. I have already reached Sealdah station. The Kanchan-Kanya Express is standing on Platform No. 10. The train will start at 6.25 AM. So, don’t be late. By the way, the railway tickets are with whom? What is our coach number?

Debrup: - Tickets are with me only. Our coach number is S-6. Our seat numbers are from 18 to 22. Ayandeep is with me only. I don’t have any information about Debarjun. Roy may have boarded inside S-6, because he reached the Sealdah station at 5.40 AM.

**********************

Roy: - Where is Debarjun? It is already 6.15 AM. After 10 minutes, our train will start. Hey, Debrup, just make him a call.

Debrup: - Dhaath…I have never seen a lazy boy like Debarjun. Let him suffer for his laziness. There is nothing to worry. If he misses this train, then he can board any North- Bengal Express Bus from Esplanade to reach Siliguri. Debarjun lives in Saltlake area and he cannot reach Sealdah station on time.

Ayandeep:- He he he…there is an old saying that the persons who live near the Railway Station always misses the train…ha ha ha…Debarjun is not an exceptional case in this regard.

*********************

Debarjun: - Oh! Yes, I have made it. At last, I have boarded the train on time.

Roy: - Just 2 minutes before 6.25 AM, you have boarded the train like a Hindi film Hero.

Debarjun: - Uff, I woke up at 5.50 AM. Then I came out of my house at 6.05 AM. Thanks to our car driver. He drove the car at a speed of 50 Km per hour to reach Sealdah station from Saltlake. I was actually planning to board the train from Ultadanga station, but, our car driver was confident enough to drop me at Sealdah station on time.

Ayandeep: - for your kind information, this train does not halt at Ultadanga station. It will just slower its speed and gallop through the platform slowly. Had you been waiting at Ultadanga station to board this train, then it would have been very risky for you, because you had to board on the running train.

*********************

Debrup: - Accha, when will we reach New Jalpaiguri station?

Debarjun: - We will reach NJP station at 6 PM.

Debrup: - My goodness. It will take 12 hours to reach NJP. Babah, in 12 hours, a person can cross the entire state of Orissa and the half distance of Andhra Pradesh to reach Vizag. But, in our journey, we will remain inside West Bengal after 12 hours of journey also.

Sain: - He he he…have you not seen the map of West Bengal? The state of West Bengal is very big in its length but very small in its breadth.

Ayandeep: - We will feel bored. Hey, Roy, have you brought the pack of Cards?

Roy: - Yeah, yeah, I have. We can play call-bray here inside this train only.

Debarjun: - What is that in your hand, Roy?

Roy: - This is my i-pod. It has 1 GB memory space. You can store any .MP3 songs and listen to it with the help of these ear-phones. At present, I am listening to some new songs of Bengali bands.

Sain: - Hey, Roy, do one thing. Let us share the ear-phone. One will be in my ear and other one in your ear.

*********************

Debrup: - This train is going through which route? I mean to say that the main Sealdah line goes towards Shantipur, Kalyani and Krishnanagar. But, this train has to go through the Bardhaman line to meet the main route to North Bengal.

Sain: - Yeah, yeah, it will surely meet the Bardhaman junction. After Bandel junction, this train will bend left side towards Adisaptagram and then move towards Bardhaman. I am not sure, but, maybe that is the only route. After Naihati station, this train will cross the Hooghly River.

No comments:

Post a Comment